Perhaps the best-known and most elusive of all fey creatures, pixies live in the deepest, most pristine forests, but their insatiable curiosity often leads them far from home. Most pixies stand just over 2 feet tall—though they typically fly about the eye level of creatures they’re conversing with in order to maintain eye contact—and weigh about 30 pounds.
Pixies talk quickly and easily become overexcited. Strange beings both of and beyond the natural world, pixies have magic that occasionally favors them in strange ways.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength: Pixies are sprightly but feeble.
- Fey: Pixies are fey.
- Size, Small: Pixies are Small and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Pixies have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Flight: Some Pixies have long delicate wings which grant them the ability to fly. These pixies have a flight speed of 30 feet and a maneuverability of clumsy.
- Pixie Magic: Pixies with Charisma scores of 11 or higher also gain one of the following two abilities which must be chosen at character creation and can not be changed later.
Pixie Spells: Some pixies channel their fey magic as spell-like effects and gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day – dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, and speak with animals. The caster level for these effects is equal to the pixie’s level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the pixie’s Charisma modifier.
Pixie Dust: Other pixies manifest their fey magic as magical dust they produce daily. When a pixie fires an arrow from any bow, it can decide to change the arrow’s properties by sprinkling it with magical pixie dust. Doing so is a free action as long as the pixie is the one who fires the arrow. A pixie can have generated a number of uses of dust at once equal to its Charisma modifier each day. The dust is useless to another creature unless the pixie gives the dust freely. In this case, the pixie chooses what effect the dust will have on an arrow when it is applied, and it takes a standard action to apply the dust to the arrow. Once pixie dust is applied to an arrow, the pixie’s chosen effect persists on the arrow for only 1 round. As long as an arrow is altered in this way, it does not inflict damage when it hits; it only causes its new effect. A pixie can choose any one of the following three effects when dusting an arrow (save DCs are Charisma-based):
1. Charm: The target must succeed on a Will save or be affected as though by a charm monster spell for 10 minutes.
2. Memory Loss: The target must succeed on a Will save or be affected by a modify memory spell.
3. Sleep: The target must succeed on a Will save or fall asleep for 5 minutes.
- Low-light Vision: Pixies can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.
- Languages: Pixies begin play speaking Common and Sylvan. Pixies with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Elven, Gnoll, Gnome, Halfling, Celestial, Draconic