Kame are shy and secluded reptilian humanoids who deeply value ties of clan and kin. Kame tribes are generally deeply loyal to both each other and to their homeland. Amazingly territorial and resistant to change, Kame are an ancient people whose evolution towards the modern era has been a slow one.
Although no one has gotten to study a Kame’s shell that closely as even the shells of dead comrades are returned to their families after battle, the Kame’s shell has been theorized to be imbued with protective magic. Neither flame nor electricity have been known to penetrate its protections and even harmful magics find themselves rebuffed. A Kame’s biggest vulnerability is his own cold-blooded nature and most Kame avoid cold climates as much as possible.
Distinctive shell markings denote racial heritage and tribes typically form traditions and ceremonies around their distinctive colors and patterns.
Although they are often competent swimmers, open spaces make the Kame nervous and wide expanses of water tend to hold danger or trouble. They prefer enclosed spaces and, if given a choice, like the comfort of knowing no one is behind them by standing in the corner of a room.
Generally skeptical and quiet, Kame are often viewed as friendly by humanoids even when they are not.
Most Kame stand 5 to 6 feet tall and their bulky, thick shells give them a stout and heavy frame, weighing 250 to 300 pounds.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity: Kame are wise and enduring, but slow and clumsy.
- Medium: Kame are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Slow Speed: Kame have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Built-In Armor: Unable to wear most conventional armor, Kame are endowed with an armored shell casing that is hard and sturdy, Kame gain a +2 natural armor bonus, DR 5/bludgeoning, spell resistance equal to 11 + their character level, fire resistance 5, and electricity resistance 5.
- Snapping Bite: Kame have a natural bite attack which deals 1d3 damage. The bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the creature is wielding manufactured weapons.
- Languages: Kame begin play speaking Common and Draconic.