Half-ogres are rare crossbreeds of human and ogre. Standing a few feet shorter than their ogre kin and a few feet taller than their human kin, half ogres have strength as well as speed and intelligence (relative to other ogres) in their favor. A half-ogre’s upbringing is rarely a happy one, as they are tolerated for their usefulness and shown little love. Those half-ogres that do manage to survive to adulthood with their sanity intact are solitary creatures, putting their muscles to use while understanding that most civilized folk will give them a wide berth.
The half-ogre much prefers the country to the city, where urban architecture rarely accommodates their bulk. Half-ogres have miserable tempers and are quick to anger, but those that show one kindness will never have a more loyal friend. Their skin and hair color generally match that of their ogre parent, with dark tones such as gray, brown, or olive being the most prevalent. Half-ogres speak Common. Those with an Intelligence score of at least 10 also speak Giant.
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Half-ogres are immensely strong and hardy, but somewhat slow-witted, ungainly, and ugly.
- Medium: Half-ogres are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Half-ogres have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Half-ogres can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Intimidating Figure: Half-ogres are intimidating without really trying. They get a +4 racial bonus to Intimidate checks.
- Ogre Blood: Half-ogres count as both humans and ogres for any effect related to race.
- Languages: Common, Giant. Half-ogres with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon